Sunday, December 2, 2007

Come On People Book Review

I recently finished two books that I will speak about briefly here. The first that I read is Bill Cosby's Come on People. I really liked the book, and it did touch on many very good points, and for some reason, I would be remiss to think that many of the people that need to read this book, may not, either because they have no interest in saving themselves or the rest of us, or that they actually have no time. My parents were very much against any type of electronic surrogate parenting. While he covered a great deal of information and presented a lot of talking points all of which he could have spent much more time diving into in order to give a more complete picture. I'm not going to fault him too much, all that he said and a little bit more needed to be said. We do need leave this mentality of we are all victims, which is why we can not succeed, the man is keeping us down, its not my fault, and worst of all the subscription to the we need reparations for all things done wrong to us to, more affirmative action and set asides industrial complex. The shakedown artists come and find me too. I think that not enough people will read it, and those that need to hear the message, might not could get to it, as they are following one or more of the false prophets. Remember that line in scriptures, I believe it applies to everyone regardless of where your faith and outlook actually falls. Matthew 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheeps clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. (KJV)
By and large, Dr Cosby presented many, many topics with some really simple outcomes, instead of waiting, why not do something constructive.

No comments: