Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Linux



I like computers, I use Linux at home, I use it at work. I will remain far away from several anti-Microsoft rants, even though all they seem to do is generate third rate software, stifle innovation and run after little people that can barely afford the high prices they charge for software, come on now. recover a research investment.......sheeesh.
I like to tinker, Linux is good for that, I like to build little projects to help family and friends, things that would cost me a fortune if I had to purchase numerous software packages, I can do that with an open source product. And yes I can run some windows stuff as a subset of my linux boxes. That I do now with my laptop, as the school I attend seems to have been swept off of its feet with the Windows bug. We'll see.

No comments: